Lite VIJ20541LV is a solvent-free, low viscous Phenalkamine curing agent designed for epoxy coating applications. It has excellent rapid cure properties, even at low temperatures, and provides good adhesion on wet or otherwise unprepared surfaces. Heavy duty industrial, protective, and marine service coatings can benefit from this product’s outstanding water resistance and corrosion protection.
|Color (Gardner)||Max. 10|
|Viscosity at 25°C ( cPs )||2000 - 4000|
|Amine value ( mgKOH/g )||280 - 320|
|Volatile Loss||solvent free|
|Recommended Use Level with epoxy resin (EEW 190)||100 : 66|
* Tested at recommended phr with liquid epoxy resin EEW equal to 190
|Lite VIJ 20541LV|
|Liquid Epoxy resin (EEW190)||100 gm|
|Hardener lite VIJ20541LV||66 gm|
|Gel time at 25˚ C||50-65 minutes|
|Hard dry time at 25 ˚C||3.0 hours|
|Appearance of the film||clear film with high gloss|
- High solid coatings
- Flooring and constructions.
- Marine and industrial coatings.
- Surface tolerant primers for metallic substrates.
- Potable water coating for tank lining and pipe coating.
- Excellent combination of rapid cure and long pot life at ambient and low temperature.
- Low viscosity for excellent workability.
Stability and Storage
Phenalkamine may absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide when left in open container, which could result in increased viscosity, discoloration, reduction of reactivity, and/or crystallization of the products. This products should be kept tightly sealed in their in original container when not in use, and store in a cold, dry place. Expiry of the products is six months from the date of manufacture.