lite VIJ20558 is a low viscosity solvent-free light in color Phenalkamine epoxy curing agent designed for epoxy coating applications on metal and concrete substrates. It has excellent rapid cure properties with high gloss even at low temperature and offers very good chemical resistance. It offers excellent adhesion on wet or unprepared surfaces and on green concrete. Due to light and more color stability it can be used as top coat. Heavy duty industrial protective coating, floor coating, potable water tank/pipe and marine coating can benefit from this product due to outstanding water resistance and corrosions protection.
|Color (Gardner)||Max. 10|
|Viscosity at 25°C ( cPs )||500 – 2000|
|Amine value ( mgKOH/g )||320 – 360|
|Volatile Loss||solvent free|
|Recommended Use Level with epoxy resin (EEW 190)||100 : 50 – 55|
* Tested at recommended phr with liquid epoxy resin EEW equal to 190
|Liquid Epoxy resin (EEW190)||100 gm|
|Hardener lite VIJ20558||50 - 55 gm|
|Gel time at 25˚ C||35 - 40 minutes|
|Hard dry time at 25 ˚C||10 hours|
|Appearance of the film||clear film with high gloss|
- Light color high solid coatings.
- Flooring and constructions.
- Marine and industrial coating.
- Surface tolerant primers for concrete and metallic surface.
- Excellent combination of rapid cure and long pot life at ambient and low temperature.
- Low viscosity for excellent workability.
- Moisture tolerant during curing.
Stability and Storage
Phenalkamine may absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide when left in open container, which could result in increased viscosity, discoloration, reduction of reactivity, and/or crystallization of the products. This products should be kept tightly sealed in their in original container when not in use, and store in a cold, dry place. Expiry of the products is six months from the date of manufacture.