VIJ 20556×80 is 80% solids, adducted Phenalkamine curing agent designed for high solids epoxy coating application. This curing agent has extremely fast cure, even at low temperature, allowing application of two coats peer day at even low temperature while still maintaining a workable pot life. Coating based on VIJ20556×80 develops hardness rapidly for application requiring quick dry to handle. This curing agent has good adhesion on wet or otherwise unprepared surfaces and can provide water resistance and corrosion protection.
|Appearance||Orange- red liquid|
|Color (Gardner)||13 to 15|
|Viscosity at 25°C ( cPs )||2800 - 8000|
|Amine value ( mgKOH/g )||310 – 350|
|Solid content (%)||78 – 80|
|Recommended Use Level with epoxy resin (EEW 190)||100 : 80 – 90|
* Tested at recommended phr with liquid epoxy resin EEW equal to 190
|Liquid Epoxy resin (EEW190)||100 gm|
|Hardener VIJ20556×80||80 - 90 gm|
|Gel time at 25˚ C||70 - 75 minutes|
|Hard dry time at 25 ˚C||3.5 hrs|
|Appearance of the film||clear film with high gloss|
- VIJ20556×80 is usable for all season cure, fast setting, and heavy duty industrial, marine and protective coating. It is used for high solid primer.
- This curing agent is usable for transportation primer and refinishes coating application requiring fast dry as this curing agent develops hardness quickly.
- Coatings require early return to service with good flexibility of the films and high gloss can benefit from this product.
- Excellent combination of rapid cure and long pot-life at both ambient and low temperatures.
- No blush formation.
- No induction times and non critical ratio.
- Exceptional corrosion resistance and it cures below 5˚C
- Outstanding chemical resistance.
- Moisture tolerant during cure.
Stability & Storage
Phenalkamine may absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide when left in open container, which could result in increased viscosity, discoloration, reduction of reactivity, and/or crystallization of the products. This products should be kept tightly sealed in their in original container when not in use, and store in a cold, dry place. Expiry of the products is six months from the date of manufacture.