VIJ2026 is low viscosity, solvent less Phenalkamide which offers mixed advantages of Phenalkamine and polyamide. VIJ2026 offers excellent mechanical strength, good flexibility, extended pot life and workable viscosity for the application of construction chemicals and adhesives.
|Appearance||Orange - red|
|Color (Gardner)||13 to 14|
|Viscosity at 25°C ( cPs )||4000 - 5500|
|Amine value ( mgKOH/g )||340 - 380|
|Volatile Loss||solvent free|
|Recommended Use Level with epoxy resin (EEW 190)||100 : 60|
* Tested at recommended phr with liquid epoxy resin EEW equal to 190
|Liquid Epoxy resin (EEW190)||100 gm|
|Hardener VIJ2026||60 gm|
|Gel time at 25˚ C||40 -55 minutes|
|Hard dry time at 25 ˚C||7.5 hours|
|Appearance of the film||clear film with high gloss|
- Works well as adhesive for different applications.
- Coating which require improved color stability with flexible film and extended pot life.
- Fast curing property makes ideal for applications requiring multiple coats over short period of time in marine and protective coatings.
- Solvent free high solid coatings.
Stability and Storage
Phenalkamine may absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide when left in open container, which could result in increased viscosity, discoloration, reduction of reactivity, and/or crystallization of the products. This products should be kept tightly sealed in their in original container when not in use, and store in a cold, dry place. Expiry of the products is six months from the date of manufacture.