VIJ20540 is a low viscosity, solvent-free Phenalkamine curing agent designed for epoxy coating applications. It has excellent rapid cure properties, even at low temperature, offers very good chemical resistance and provides good adhesion on wet or otherwise unprepared surfaces. Heavy duty industrial, protective and marine service coating can benefit from this products outstanding water resistance and corrosion protection.
|Appearance||Orange - red|
|Color (Gardner)||13 to 15|
|Viscosity at 25°C ( cPs )||2000 – 4000|
|Amine value ( mgKOH/g )||490 – 550|
|Volatile Loss||solvent free|
|Recommended Use Level with epoxy resin (EEW 190)||100 : 35 – 40|
* Tested at recommended phr with liquid epoxy resin EEW equal to 190
|Liquid Epoxy resin (EEW190)||100 gm|
|Hardener VIJ20540||35 - 40 gm|
|Gel time at 25˚ C||35 - 40 minutes|
|Hard dry time at 25 ˚C||3 to 3.5 hours|
|Appearance of the film||clear film with high gloss|
- High solid heavy duty surfaces coating system require chemical and corrosion protection.
- For potable water as well as oil pipe coating and tank coating.
- For concrete primers of floor coating with excellent mechanical strength.
- For marine coatings.
- For coatings which demand fast cure and early return to service.
Stability and Storage
Phenalkamine may absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide when left in open container, which could result in increased viscosity, discoloration, reduction of reactivity, and/or crystallization of the products. This products should be kept tightly sealed in their in original container when not in use, and store in a cold, dry place. Expiry of the products is six months from the date of manufacture.