VIJ 20556 is a Phenalkamine Epoxy curing agent, offers advanced performance such as fast cure even at low temperature, good dry color stability, excellent water resistance, chemical and corrosion resistance with good flexibility of the film.
|Appearance||Orange - red|
|Color (Gardner)||13 to 15|
|Viscosity at 25°C ( cPs )||5000 - 10000|
|Amine value ( mgKOH/g )||395 - 425|
|Volatile Loss||solvent free|
|Recommended Use Level with epoxy resin (EEW 190)||100 : 50 - 55|
* Tested at recommended phr with liquid epoxy resin EEW equal to 190
|Liquid Epoxy resin (EEW190)||100 gm|
|Hardener VIJ20556||50 - 55 gm|
|Gel time at 25˚ C||40 - 50 minutes|
|Hard dry time at 25 ˚C||8 hours|
|Appearance of the film||clear film with high gloss|
- Solvent free, high solid coating.
- Fast curing property makes ideal for application requiring multiple coats over short period of time for marine and protective coating.
- Works well as adhesive ,sealant & putties for different applications.
- Has good application in Coal tar based epoxy system.
Stability and Storage
Phenalkamine may absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide when left in open container, which could result in increased viscosity, discoloration, reduction of reactivity, and/or crystallization of the products. This products should be kept tightly sealed in their in original container when not in use, and store in a cold, dry place. Expiry of the products is six months from the date of manufacture.